Contractor Attitude Survey January – June 2014
Download your FREE Contractor Attitude Survey Report
Now in its third year, SJD Accountancy’s latest contractor attitude survey compares the contractor market from January to June 2014 against our previous surveys, reporting on trends within the current market.
Key results include:
- 93% of contractors are currently in or about to start a contract – the highest percentage across all surveys.
- 36% are on contract rates of between £500 and £750 a day – up from 34% in 2013.
- ‘Higher rates of pay’ is the number one reason so many make the move into contracting – others include ‘Flexibility’, ‘Freedom’ and ‘No office politics’ to name a few.
- Over 3/4 find contracting more satisfying than being an employee – with over 88% unlikely to return to permanent employment.
- 72% have noticed a positive effect on their work/life balance since becoming a contractor – a 26% increase since our first ever survey.
- 64% have found using a recruitment agency to be a positive experience – a 12% increase over the past two years.
- Over 9/10 are earning more as a contractor than they were as a permanent employee.
- IT still dominates as the most popular sector – unanimous across all previous surveys.
To download our previous surveys, which span between 2012 and 2013, click on the following link: Contractor Attitude Survey Results.
If you have any questions about contracting or would like any further information about the survey please contact our New business team on 01442 275789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.