As a contractor, it can be a worrying time if you find yourself unable to work due to injury or ill health. Your income may stop but financial commitments such as your mortgage or credit card payments will continue, leaving you and your family vulnerable to financial difficulties. And, as a contractor, you may no longer have employee benefits such as sick pay or ‘Death in Service’ life cover to fall back on.
For this reason, SJD has partnered with CMME; one of the UK’s leading protection specialists for contractors. They understand the way you work and can ensure you are properly protected should life go off track.
- In-depth knowledge of the way contractors work
- Expertise with the Insurance products and solutions most suitable for contractors
- Advice tailored to your individual needs
- Direct access to Underwriters in support of applications
- The ability to replace Death in Service Life cover via your own Limited Company
- CMME has protected thousands of families since 2004
Whatever your needs, CMME can help you identify the right protection products and services for you and your family, giving you compete financial and emotional peace of mind. Specific areas of interest to contractors include:
Relevant Life Insurance
Relevant Life provides a tax-efficient way to provide for your family in the event of death or diagnosis of a terminal illness. This is popular with limited company contractors, as you can pay for this through the company without it being classed as a benefit in kind (which attracts personal and company tax).
Income Protection Insurance
Replaces part of your income if you are unable to work for a long period of time because of illness or disability.
Critical Illness Insurance
Pays out a lump sum if you’re diagnosed with a critical illness. You can use the pay-out for anything such as, to pay for medical treatment or to pay off your mortgage.
This will ensure your family is taken care of in the unfortunate event of something happening to you.
NEW: Pre-existing Conditions Insurance
- Managed Life Cover – bespoke cover for sufferers of type 2 diabetics and people with a high BMI.
- Real Life Cover – Cover for people living with a serious medical or mental health condition – such as cancer, complex heart conditions, anxiety, alcohol dependency – that may lead to an exclusion from a standard plan.
Speak to an expert today
Whether you want to talk specifics or are just after some general advice, CMME can help. Speak to your SJD accountant today. Or call CMME directly on 01489 223 750 and reference SJD Accountancy for a free consultation.
Alternatively, fill in the call back form below, to be contacted at a time that’s convenient for you.
CMME. Leading Protection Specialists for Contractors.
Monday to Thursday, 9 am-7 pm
Friday, 9 am-5.30 pm.
CMME is a trading name of CMME Mortgages and Protection Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA reg. 414798). Registered in England No. 04886692. Registered Office: Albany House, 5 Omega Park, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2QE. Please be aware that Commercial Mortgages, Overseas Mortgages and some Buy To Let Mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Calls may be recorded for training and security purposes and to improve the quality of our services.