The role of an IT consultant
An IT consultant is a specialist that focuses on integrating IT into businesses, and shows clients how the use of IT can help them achieve their goals.
A business may require an IT consultant for assistance, for the following reasons:
- To discover and refine challenges and opportunities
- To implement systems to increase productivity and awareness
- To seek advice and recommendations about problems their business suffers from
- To assist with tasks where hiring a permanent member of staff would be unsuitable
- External advice and guidance
Contact SJD Accountancy
If you have any questions about IT contracting, get in touch.
Call us on:
Responsibilities of an IT consultant
As an IT consultant, you must strive to reach high standards at all times. You must also be able to understand potential issues, forming solutions to these.
Having strong communication skills allows you to work effectively with clients, to pinpoint their needs.
Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Recognising the requirements of the business.
- Developing a plan of action with achievable targets.
- Monitoring IT infrastructure, systems and networks.
- Understanding the day-to-day practices of the business.
Rates of pay
As an IT consultant, the rates of pay are extremely attractive. When you take charge of your own career by contracting, you could expect to earn much more.
If you are an IT consultant contractor, you could expect to receive a daily rate of around £400 or more, however the skills and experience you have will determine the final figure.
Most Popular Pages
If you need any further help or advice try these most popular links.